Contact An Attorney Now

Your Name


Phone Number








Frequently Asked Questions


  1. How do I know if I have a claim?
    • Your initial consultation with our lawyers is free. We have the experience necessary to assess whether you have a valid claim.
  2. What if I can’t afford to pay a lawyer?
    • A majority of our personal injury clients are represented on a contingency fee basis. In other words, we will not charge you a dime for fees or costs until a recovery is made in your case.
  3. What is personal injury law?
    • Personal injury law, or tort law, is the area of law that governs the civil wrong or wrongs recognized as legal causes for lawsuits. The injuries sustained by the victims of such wrongs provide the basis for a claim for damages incurred by the injured party.
  4. How will I pay my medical bills?
    • If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence there are a number of potential sources to pay for your medical bills. Typically, the negligent driver’s liability insurance will not pay your medical bills until you have finished treatment.  In addition, in most cases, your treatment provider will not provide medical services if they aren’t getting paid.  If either you or the negligent driver has medical payments coverage with your motor vehicle insurance, this coverage is often the primary source of payment for medical treatment. If this coverage is exhausted or not available, then your health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid (if eligible), should pick up the cost of additional medical treatment.  If you are unable to pay for the treatment you need through your health insurance or you have no personal health insurance or medical payments coverage available to pay your medical bills, there are some medical providers who will provide services in exchange for a lien against your personal injury recovery, meaning that the treatment provider will not expect to be paid until your case is finalized.
  5. What type of damages may I be entitled to?
    • In a personal injury case, compensatory damages typically can cover all economic losses caused by the injury, including past and probable future medical expenses, loss of the earnings that you would have earned "but for" the injury, and, if the disability is permanent, the loss of future earnings through retirement. For children and persons without an earning history, courts often take into account probable earning capacity. In addition to economic loss, you may also be entitled to be compensated for non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering, emotional anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life. Lastly, you may also be entitled to any property damage you have suffered.
  6. What if I am partially at fault?
    • In California, you can still recover money even if you were partially at fault for an automobile accident.  So, just because the car accident may have been the fault of both drivers, this does not mean that you cannot recover anything for your injuries.  Many times when people are involved in an automobile accident, it is not clear which driver is at fault for the accident.  For example, when one driver may have been the real cause for failing to stop at a stop sign, perhaps another driver also contributed to the car accident if he or she was speeding or recklessly driving.  Therefore, depending on the facts of your case, you may still be entitled to recovery based upon the percentage of fault attributed to the other party.

Contact Crown & Elias today for a FREE consultation.

 Copyright © 2018 Crown & Elias, LLP, All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy
1999 Avenue of the Stars, 11th Floor, Los Angeles, California 90067